Simple injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic will improve fine lines and wrinkles without surgery and without scars.
BOTOX® remains one of the most trusted and effective methods for smoothing lines and preventing future wrinkles. By injecting this prescription medicine into the muscles of the face, BOTOX® creates a more relaxed, youthful look for up to three to six months.
After an initial consultation at our center, the actual BOTOX® injection procedure takes about 15 minutes to complete. No downtime is required after the treatment, meaning you can have it done during your lunch break. BOTOX® is a widely trusted standard in the aesthetic industry. The best part of your treatment is that your results will look natural, allowing you to maintain discretion.
Botox Cosmetic was initially approved for treatment of “elevens” – vertical glabellar lines between the eyebrows. Today it can be artfully placed anywhere repeated muscle contractions tend to cause dynamic wrinkles, including:
Frequently Asked Questions
This popular neurotoxin works by blocking muscle contractions using a compound called Botulinum A. This compound is commonly used for reducing wrinkles caused by movement.
We use muscles to pull eyebrows together into a frown, squint, pucker, and make facial expressions. When such a movement is repeated many times, it draws skin into folds. Lines become deeply etched, and wrinkles form in these areas.
Botulinum toxin type A is placed into skin, where it disrupts communication between nerves and muscles that prompt tightening. As underlying muscles relax, surface skin smooths out, softening lines and reducing wrinkles.
BOTOX® is approved for treating forehead lines and crow’s feet as well as glabella lines. This simple injectable is a good choice for reducing the appearance of mild wrinkles, and is often done as a preventative measure to keep lines and wrinkles from getting deeper.
BOTOX® injections are quick, easy, and relatively painless. During your treatment, a series of small shots will be injected into targeted muscles. A precise amount of the product will be carefully placed into each site for maximum, long-lasting results. The procedure will take roughly 10-15 minutes to complete. A topical anesthetic may be applied to your skin to minimize discomfort before injection begins. The short procedure results in small areas of swelling lasting 20-30 minutes.
BOTOX® results can usually be seen within 2-7 days and tend to last anywhere between 3-4 months.* In some cases, BOTOX® has been shown to last up to six months.* This treatment is minimally invasive and results in a significant reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin will look tighter and smoother!*
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
The secret’s out. Men age too! If you are a guy who’s concerned about severe forehead creases, deep frown lines, or bothersome Crow’s feet, you’re not alone. More and more men are becoming familiar with the anti-aging treatments available to them, and they’re not turning back. An increasing number of men are using Botox to look refreshed and youthful, for an obvious edge in business and social life.
The Botox treatment for men is done just as any other Botox treatment; the Botox will be injected using a very fine needle. Treatment is quick, usually only lasting between 10-15 minutes. Plus, there is no downtime, so men can return to work or their everyday tasks right away.
7 days before:
• Avoid over-the-counter blood thinners (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Midol, Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St. Johns Wart, Fish Oil, Omega 3s or any other anti-inflammatory drug)
• Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours pre and post treatment to avoid extra bruising
• Inform our clinical team if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on possible antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
• Do not use Botox if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use Botox if you are allergic to any of its ingredients (eggs) or suffer from any neurological disorders.
• Please inform us if you have any questions prior to treatment
3 days before:
• Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A) Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid or any other “anti-aging” products.
• Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing or the use of hair removal cream to areas being treated
Day of Treatment:
• Arrive at Pure Reflection with a “clean face”. Please DO NOT wear make-up.
• You may experience a mild amount of tenderness, crunching or a slight stinging sensations with each injection
• You may experience some tenderness at the treatment sites that can last for a few hours or a few days
• Redness and swelling are normal
• You may have bruises in the areas treated
• It is best to try and exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (practice frowning, raising eyebrows & squinting.) This helps to work the Botox into your muscles.
• Stay upright for 4 hours following treatment. DO NOT rest your head or lay down, you must sit upright
• You may gently apply an ice pack for a brief period of time or take Acetaminophen/Tylenol for discomfort
• Once any pinpoint bleeding (if any) from the injection sites have subsided, you may begin to wear make-up
• Avoid placing excessive pressure on the treated areas for the first few days; when cleansing or applying make-up to your face, be very gentile
• Remember to be gentle when touching the newly treated areas
• Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for remainder of the treatment day. You may resume other normal activities immediately.
• Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply sunscreen SPF 30 or higher
• Wait 24 hours (or as directed by clinician) before receiving any skincare or laser treatments
• You will not see an immediate improvement in the treatment area. Most patients start seeing benefits as early as 3 days and up 14 days after Botox injections. The results last 3-4 months. However, results do vary and supplemental “touch up” treatments may be required to achieve and maintain optimal results as early as 2 weeks.
WE ARE PROUD TO PARTICIPATE IN THE